Planning a family vacation to Orlando? You’re in the right place! In this guide, we’ll explore the best resorts in Orlando for families, offering a perfect blend of comfort, amenities, and entertainment. Whether you’re a Disney enthusiast or a Universal Studios fan, we’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in!
Understanding Orlando’s Resort Landscape
Orlando is a city of endless fun and adventure, especially for families. The city is divided into two main areas when it comes to family-friendly resorts: Walt Disney World and beyond. Let’s explore each area.
Walt Disney World Resorts
Walt Disney World is a dream destination for many families. Staying at a resort within the theme park property can enhance your experience. Here are some of the best Orlando resorts for families on Walt Disney World Resort property:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: This iconic resort offers stunning views of Cinderella Castle and convenient access to Magic Kingdom. Fictional Testimonial: “Our family loved the Contemporary Resort. The view of the castle was magical, and the kids enjoyed the monorail ride to the park!” – The Johnson Family
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Nestled in a tranquil setting, this resort provides a rustic yet luxurious experience. Fictional Testimonial: “The Wilderness Lodge was a peaceful retreat after a busy day at the parks. The kids loved the pool, and we enjoyed the nature trails.” – The Smith Family
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort- French Quarter: Immerse yourself in the charm of New Orleans at this vibrant and family-friendly resort. Fictional Testimonial: “The French Quarter Resort was a hit! The kids loved the Mardi Gras-themed pool, and we enjoyed the live jazz music.” – The Davis Family
Beyond Disney World Resorts
If you prefer to explore more than just the theme parks, there are excellent resorts located off the theme park property. Here are some of the best Orlando resorts for families off theme park property:
- Orlando World Center Marriott: This resort boasts a sprawling pool complex, multiple dining options, and a wide range of activities for the whole family. “The Marriott had something for everyone. The kids loved the water slides, and we enjoyed the golf course.” – The Williams Family
- Westgate Vacation Villas Resort: With spacious villas and a variety of amenities, this resort offers a home away from home experience. “The Westgate Villas were perfect for our large family. We had plenty of space, and the kids loved the game room.” – The Brown Family
- Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek: Enjoy the comforts of a fully-equipped condo and access to a water park at this family-friendly resort. “The Wyndham Bonnet Creek was a blast! The kids loved the lazy river, and we appreciated the fully-equipped kitchen.” – The Miller Family
Universal Orlando Resorts
Universal Orlando is another popular destination for families, and there are fantastic resorts that cater to your needs. Here are some of the best Orlando family resorts at Universal Orlando:
- Loews Sapphire Falls: This Caribbean-themed resort offers a tropical oasis with a lagoon-style pool and a relaxing atmosphere. “Sapphire Falls was a tropical paradise. The kids loved the pool, and we enjoyed the Caribbean cuisine.” – The Garcia Family
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Experience the charm of the Italian Riviera at this luxurious resort, complete with beautiful gardens and a serene harbor. “The Portofino Bay Hotel was stunning. The kids loved the beach pool, and we enjoyed the Italian wine tasting.” – The Wilson Family
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort: Step back in time to the 1950s and 60s at this retro-themed resort, featuring a lazy river and a bowling alley. Fictional Testimonial: “Cabana Bay was so much fun! The kids loved the bowling alley, and we enjoyed the retro vibe.” – The Anderson Family
Planning Your Orlando Family Vacation
Planning a family vacation can be overwhelming, especially in a destination like Orlando. Here are some helpful tips to make your trip a success:
- Plan Ahead: Research and book your accommodations, attractions, and dining reservations in advance to secure the best options and avoid disappointment.
- Consider Park Hopper Tickets: If you want to visit multiple theme parks in one day, consider purchasing Park Hopper tickets for added flexibility.
- Pack Essentials: Don’t forget to pack sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and ponchos for those unexpected rain showers.
- Take Breaks: Pace yourself and take breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge. Orlando can be hot and crowded, so it’s essential to take care of yourself and your family.
- Explore Beyond the Theme Parks: While the theme parks are the main attraction, don’t forget to explore other attractions and activities in Orlando, such as museums, nature parks, and shopping outlets.
What Have We Learned?
Orlando is a city filled with adventure and excitement for families. With a wide range of resorts to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your family’s needs and preferences. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your dream family vacation in Orlando today!
Terrain Trends is your go-to source for information on all things destinations. Be sure to check out our list of other top destinations in Florida for when you plan your journey.